Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Colin and I usually keep Valentine's day simple. No need to go overboard and deplete our bank account. Besides, we should be making every day "Valentine's Day." But I did want to do something special and creative for my boys. So while Colin was at work on Sunday, Gid and I made a Target run and picked up some little things to decorate the dinner table with.






Pizza isn't fancy, but a heart shaped pizza is special!





I also baked a super easy cake from my favorite recipe book! (Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook) Seriously, Colin said this is one of his new favorite cakes and he wants it for his birthday from now on. I didn't even add one pinch of sugar to it. Of course, there is sugar in it from other ingredients (pumpkin, yogurt...etc), but it's so much better for you than your normal cake.



Hope you all had a wonderful weekend too!

3 comments:

  1. atta girl!!! Making the best of whatever is close and useable..I love it!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so cute - love the heart shaped pizza! and i'm curious about the cake...any chance you can send me the recipe sometime? no rush but it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete