Thursday, April 7, 2011

Little things I don't want to forget...

Gideon loves when I play cars with him which consists of car sounds, races and conversations between cars (ex: Me, as the voice of a car: "Where are we going today?" Gideon, as the voice of another car: "The store" Me: What should we get there?" Gid: "Peanuts!" "Vroom Vroooom, Screech!!!")

He loves to be a "good helper." Tonight, he insisted on helping me put the laundry away. In my mind I wanted to say no since it would take a lot longer and the clothes would end up just smooshed into the drawers unfolded and I would have to hold back on my ocd tendencies to refold them nicely. But, I put that aside and let him help. He was so happy and proud of himself and even called himself a "good helper." Sure, there are clothes wrinkled in crumpled balls in the drawers now, but I'll take the memory of how good it made him feel to help me.:)

The boy loves to dance! He will pull me off the couch to dance in the living room with him. He especially begs me to spin him around and around.

Just to name a few...

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the BIG THINGS." ~Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment