Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gid's 1st Birthday Party

















On Saturday we had Gideon's 1st party! Yes, it's been a year already. We shared such a fun day with our family and friends. Gideon enjoyed it too although he didn't want any of his cake!!! How strange is he? He did enjoy the gifts however. Cousins Abby and Ava helped him open them. He's been loving playing with them all the past couple of days! I love it too because he's not hanging all over me every minute of the day.












Here is the first birthday cake I have ever made. It was chocolate cake with homemade butter cream icing. The one that Gideon would not taste. We even stuck his finger in the icing, but he gagged! What kid doesn't like sugar? I'm sure if he would have tasted it, he would have enjoyed it. He didn't like the way if felt though. That's my Gideon.


Daddy helped Gideon blow out his candles after we all sang to him. Surprisingly, he didn't cry while everyone was staring at him and singing! :)

We love him so much and are so thankful the the blessings he has brought into our lives this last year.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Gideon too!! I love having summer birthdays for the boys! And what a great cake...beautiful...you (I guess you were) could be a professional:) I just posted the recipe to the cake I made for Noah...it was unbelievably easy but very good..and nice because you can make it ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete