This is an idea I found out of a magazine at work one day. It's a family memory box. Each night, write down a favorite thing that happened that day that you don't want to forget. You make a card for each day of the year, then the following year on that same date you just write your next memory underneath the previous memory. It's fun to look back and remember what happened each day. I haven't been as consistent with it as I'd like to be...but it's a start and something I'd like to keep up with and have my kids participate in eventually...and maybe Colin too.:)
Below is a memory from February that I found that is so cute... (if you can't read the small writing, its reads "Gideon and I took a walk on the snowy sidewalks. Every two seconds he would reach down and touch the snow. It made him giggle each time. He also found a rock which he carried the rest of the way.")
I love that idea!! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a really cool idea. I would never be able to keep up with something like that though.
ReplyDeleteI must say thank you so much for your idea. I have been doing this since I first read your post, its part of my morning routine now to jot something down from the previous day onto the card. I hear these years of having young children go by fast (I dont know what they are talking about, a day seems like forever!) and I hope to keep this up so I have lots of fun memories to share and look back on. Thanks again for such a wonderful idea!
ReplyDeleteAmber Culton