As I was washing dishes tonight after work, I saw Colin and Gideon pull into the driveway. (They always eat dinner at my in-laws every other Tues night while I'm at work.) I watched Gideon follow Colin up the sidewalk. Then I watched as Gid turned back the other direction. I thought, "he's trying to escape back out to the driveway." But actually, being the responsible boy that I've trained him to be, he turned back to close the gate to the back yard. I laughed out loud because I find him doing responsible things like that now and again. He feels the need to put his toys away before we leave to go somewhere. He likes throwing trash away. He sets his sippy cup on the table instead of throwing it on the floor. But, it still surprises me when I find him doing a new responsible task like this. He's a boy after his mom's own heart.:) But he has my bad characteristics too...which we both need to work on. From the beginning Colin told me, "He looks like me, but acts exactly like you, Justine!" This is proving to be truer and truer.
I'm thankful for the wonderful husband and for the unique, smart and sometimes...ok, often naughty little boy God has given to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment