Monday, February 23, 2009

Verses to ponder

"If you love your father or mother more than me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being mine. If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine. If you cling to your life, you will lose it, but if you give up your life for me, you will find it." Matt. 10:37-39

If someone were to ask me about my priorities, I think I would say: God, family, church, and so on. But is God really first? Do I really love him more than my husband and son? These are powerful verses and really a wake-up call. Think about it, if I am loving God with all that is in me, I will love my husband and son and family as I should. This is how God intended it to be.

If I am so attached to my life and what I own or think is mine or what I think I deserve...I am holding on to NOTHING. But if I live out my life for God and cling to Him...I have EVERYTHING. This is hard for me as I can be so attached to my things and money. God help me to cling to you and not the things of this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment